Friday, April 27, 2012

Practice Goals

I'm starting simple.  Each week I try to increase the number of pages I submit for homework, even if it's just a couple.  I'm also trying to practice six days a week, even if I can only squeeze in twenty minutes instead of two hours.  Something is better than nothing.  Goals are a great way to measure your accomplishments, and learning theory is all about building on the little victories.  I savor those little victories.

There is nothing like the feeling of going into class and nailing a new concept without hesitation.  And as momentum builds more momentum, I get the undeniable feeling that falling behind, and the frustration that comes with it, is the kiss of death.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy perusing around your blog. I finished school a couple years ago. It took me five years, but I think in the end, I realized I wasn't the kind of person that could just sit and practice for two, three hours right in a row. I attempted it like it looks like you are, little chunks at a time, making sure those 20 minutes were good, solid practice with no interruptions, making my practice my sole focus while I was doing it. Keep it up, your degree will be so worth it! I love my job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement! These last couple of weeks have been especially challenging personally which of course has impacted my progress and every supportive word helps keep me on the track. Someday I too will love my job come hell or high water.

      Delete